News and Events
Promote use, research and knowledge dissemination of underground space (tunnels, caverns and shafts) for safe, sustainable and eco- friendly infrastructure development in the country using state-of-the-art and indigenous technologies and establish relations with similar organizations worldwide.
The aims of the Association conforming to International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA) are:
• To promote the knowledge, technology and expertise of tunnelling as well as other underground infrastructural techniques for a safe and eco-friendly infrastructural development of the country.
• To encourage the use of the subsurface for the benefit of the public, environment and sustainable development.
• To promote advances in planning, design, construction, maintenance, operation and safety of tunnels and underground space, by bringing together information thereon and by studying questions related thereto.
• To provide necessary inputs to the concern Ministry and National Planning Commission to formulate/adopt the policies, acts and implementation on underground space infrastructure development in the country.
The Association intends to fulfill its mission by following action:
• by interchange of information with International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association and its Adhering National Organizations,
• by holding Executive, Public or other meetings at intervals,
• by organizing and co-ordinating studies and experiments,
• by publication of proceedings, reports and documents
• Promoting fellowship, goodwill and cooperation among Nepalese engineers, tunnelling professionals, consultants, clients and tunnelling companies.
• Utilizing to the highest possible extent, of the existing national engineering manpower for the development of tunnelling and underground space activities in Nepal, and making effort towards developing regional expertise specific to the Himalayan geology.
• Continuous enhancement and dissemination of the knowledge and experience among the members.
• Conducting regular trainings and interactions to disseminate of tunneling experiences related to new trends and techniques gained by others to professionals, young engineers and technicians.
• Facilitating, relations, fellowship and exchange of information with International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association and its several adhering national organizations.
• Holding executive, public or other occasional meetings with publication of proceedings, reports and other valuable documents regularly including co-ordination of studies, experiments and researches.
• Encouraging membership in the adhering organizations.
• Acting as a coordinating body in Nepal for International Tunneling and Underground Space Association.
• Providing a forum to specialists in the various disciplines to discuss their experiences, research work and or techniques related to tunneling and underground facilities.
• Maintain a Tunnelling Database of the country for the reference by members and related institutions.